Philadelphia Perspective
Phil Goldsmith

Phil Goldsmith has held senior positions in a broad spectrum of fields including law, journalism, business and government. Most recently he was managing director of the City of Philadelphia.

He is now a columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News, writing every other Wednesday and is a principal in GoldsmithKahn Associates, a public issues management consulting firm.



ARCHIVES
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
September 2007
November 2007

"RUSH" TO EXECUTION

I have--or had--no sympathy of Saddam Hussein and was not surprised he was put to death. I was, however, surprised at the alarcrity of his execution. I don't know if he even had time to digest his last meal. The New York Times in its January 1st edition has an interesting--and disturbing--story about the execution. I suspect we will hear alot more about it in the days ahead and it will prove to be a difficult issue for some Democratic Presidential contenders to wrestle with.